Frontwave Credit Union is Now Hiring!!!
We are seeking a Service Oriented Systems Administrator to support our growing team. If you enjoy helping people and have experience managing servers and installed applications, this job is for you!
About Frontwave Credit Union:
Frontwave Credit Union is a member-owned not-for-profit financial institution serving San Diego, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties. Founded in 1952, we have grown to 14 branches with 87,000 members and manage over $820 million in assets. At Frontwave Credit Union our Mission is to make financial dreams come true. We are focused on creating consumer solutions, through innovative products and services that enhance the quality of life for our members through exceptional service and the progressive application of technology.
The Systems Administrator is responsible for administering all aspects of credit unions servers and installed applications. Ensures server/client software is installed and deployed as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following non-inclusive list. Other duties may be assigned. All duties are to be performed in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Manages servers in an Active Directory, physical and virtual environment, ensuring that each server maintains maximum uptime.
- Administers SAN, VMWare, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Symantec Backup Exec and Nautilus Systems.
- Installs, maintains and monitors anti-virus software on all servers and PCs.
- Analyzes system logs and identify potential issues with computer systems.
- Builds, installs, and maintains all server hardware and software.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of operating systems, and server hardware.
- Introduces and proposes integration of new technologies into existing data center environments.
- Performs routine audits of systems and software.
- Plans and implements system and data backups.
- Applies operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Installs and configures new hardware and software.
- Adds, removes, and updates user account information, profiles and associated rights.
- Implements management policies regarding user access to network resources through the configuration of Group Policy.
- Responsible for documenting the configuration of server-based systems.
- Troubleshoots any reported problems.
- Assists Network Administrator to ensure network infrastructure is operational.
- Records problems that occurred such as downtime and actions taken.
- Notifies Manager of errors or equipment stoppage.
- Refers complex problems to Manager.
- Answers Help Desk telephone calls to assist end users encountering problems with software, hardware, network and application issues.
- Installs software applications and upgrades to individual personal computers, in the absence of the PC Technicians
- Identifies, investigates, and resolves personal computer problems or failures.
- Provides technical support and assistance to staff.
- May lead or guide the work of other staff engaged in similar functions.
- Answers IS Help Desk calls and effects repairs as required.
- Performs necessary network administration duties in the absence of the Network Administrator.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
One year experience as a Systems Administrator, or Information Systems experience with increasing responsibilities leading up to a System Administrators position, or Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school with emphasis in computer information systems or combination of experience and education.
Must possess a current, valid drivers license.
May be required to operate privately-owned or credit union vehicle to and from assigned locations.
COMPTia A+ or MCP desired. MCSA strongly preferred.
Whats In It For You:
Competitive pay, organization-wide incentive program, 401k matching, mortgage and auto discounts
9-27 days of PTO per year (based on tenure) and 10 paid holidays
Affordable medical, dental, vision plans, and Flexible Spending Account
Employee Assistance Program with a variety of services
Career development, training, and coaching, mentoring; tuition reimbursement up to $4,000/year
Culture of excellence and continuous improvement
We strive to be the best place youve ever worked!